I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I combine over 25 years of experience in successful treatment of individuals, couples, and families. I have over 9 years of experience working in the In-Patient and Out Patient programs in a psychiatric hospital where I have treated severely mentally ill, suicidal and homicidal patients, personality disorders, bipolar disorder and polysubstance abuse. Prior to that I worked in non-profits with children and have worked in the second largest school district in California. During the last 5 years, I have been in private practice.
Prior to my career as a therapist, I was an environmental scientist. I myself have been in recovery from depression and trauma for over 25 years. It was through my own therapy and recovery that I was called to the field of therapy and to be a change agent in people’s lives. I do use my science background in my work. The mind, body, and spirit are connected. When our emotions are not well, our body and spirit is not well either and visa versa. I specialize in chronic illness and chronic pain, as I have suffered with Fibromyalgia for over 20 years. I have discovered ways to manage it.
My practice focuses on identifying the core issues or the root of the problem that cause the distressing symptoms. Fostering a safe environment where there is no judgment and implementing sound clinical skills, paying close attention to the individual’s belief system is paramount in my work. My style of therapy is solution focused, direct, and respectful. People’s review of my work often include comments like, “You are not boring, you are funny, and you work deeply!” I feel deeply about my relationship with God, and yet I do not project my own personal belief system onto my clients. I serve all people who need help with no discrimination or projection.
Some of the services that I provide are Premarital Counseling, Couples Therapy, and Family Therapy. I also work with individuals, adults, and children. I am particularly successful with teenagers and I love working with children of all ages. Guidance is given for Adjustment problems, Separation Anxiety, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Parenting, and Family Structural Issues. I treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and have worked with military active duty and retired. I treat Chronic Pain/Illness. I have a great deal of experience with Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, OCD, Severe-Moderate Depression, Sexual Identity issues and Gender Issues (I serve the LBGT population). I work with those who suffer with addictive/obsessive behaviors related to sex, love, and relationships. I specialize in Process Addictions such as, internet, pornography and video games.
My primary focus is providing professional counseling that will restore mental, emotional, and spiritual stability. I do this expecting you to partner with me. I can guarantee results if you are ready and open.
- Practice Owner & Clinician
- Running of Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Out Patient Program
- Leader of Psycho-Educational and Therapeutic Groups
- Teacher of Psycho-Structural Balancing
- Clinical Member of American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Ancient Methods of Healing Arts Training (EHAMA)
- Training & Supervision with Richard Lougy (Author and specialist of treating Adults, Children and Adolescents with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Training with Cloe Madanes (world renowned author and founder of the family therapy model, Family Strategies Therapies)
- Certified Massage Therapist and Holistic Practitioner in California
- Bachelor of Science Degree from Sacramento State University
- Masters Degree in Psychology/Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy from University of San Francisco
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in State of Florida License # MT2232
- Board certified Supervisor of Mental Health Counselor and Marriage & Family Interns seeking licensure in the state of Florida